Privacy Notice for Private Residential Customers
St. Modwen takes its data protection obligations seriously and works to protect the privacy and security of the personal information it collects and handles. This privacy notice describes how we use personal information about residential customers. Please read this notice carefully, along with any other notice issued to you by St. Modwen so that you are fully aware of how we use your personal information and what rights you have over its use.
This privacy notice explains how Key Property Investments (Number One) Limited collects, uses and protects personal information it receives from you. Key Property Investments (Number One) Limited Limited, in relation to private residential customers, acts as the data controller and is involved in activities spanning the construction industry, including the development and management of privately held properties. In order to carry out our business operations and serve you to the best of our ability, we need to use and share personal information concerning our residential customers on a daily basis while also abiding by relevant data protection and privacy laws.
Data Protection Officer
St. Modwen has appointed a Group Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact the St. Modwen Group DPO by post or email at the contact details set out at the end of this notice.
What Personal Information we hold about Residential Customers
St. Modwen collects and handles a number of different types of personal information from residents. These can include:
▪ Contact details (name, home address, telephone number, email address, emergency contact details, etc.)
▪ Identification numbers and documents issued by public authorities (ID, passport and visa, etc.)
▪ Financial data and rental payment details (credit history, credit checks, credit card and bank account numbers, etc.)
▪ Land registry details (title numbers, land title status, etc.)
▪ Property maintenance and management related information (repair history, payment information, utility billing/invoices, vehicle registration numbers, communications, etc.)
▪ Marketing photographs of the property location and/or CCTV footage
▪ Any other information that you may provide, or which is collected from you, as a private residential tenant
Why do we need your informtion?
St. Modwen will only use personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We use your personal information:
▪ To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation which we are subject to;
▪ When it is necessary in our legitimate interests (although we will always balance this against your interests and rights to ensure that your rights to not override our legitimate interests); and
▪ When we need to perform the contract entered into with you, for example a tenancy agreement, or deciding whether to enter into a contract with you.
We will notify you separately if we need to collect and use personal information on the basis of your consent and we will specify the uses of your personal information which will be based on your consent, and we will ensure you are presented with the opportunity to give this on a freely given and informed basis.
St. Modwen needs to use your personal information for a number of purposes. The main purpose is to ensure we can provide you with the services relating to your tenancy contract with us, for example, where we need to contact you with important information or for other administrative purposes.
We will also need to use your personal information for compliance with laws and regulations, responding to requests from regulatory bodies, handling legal claims, carrying out our business activities, and marketing our products and services to you.
Specifically, for example, we use your personal information for:
▪ Accounting, tax and auditing purposes
▪ Administering property maintenance and management activities
▪ Analysis of business related trends
▪ Applications from mortgage companies
▪ Communication with tenants (charges, queries, updates on development, mailing lists, etc.)
▪ Complying with health and safety obligations
▪ Debt collection
▪ Fraud prevention
▪ Handling legal claims
▪ Legal consultation
▪ Property purchase and sale related procedures
▪ Tenancy schedules used for administration
Where Personal Information is processed
St. Modwen will only process your personal information in the United Kingdom subject to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security and in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Who do we share your information with?
We will sometimes share your personal information amongst St. Modwen affiliates and/or with third parties when it is required by law, to fulfil our obligations in the contract between you and St. Modwen or when it is in our legitimate interests to do so. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties if we are satisfied that they will take care of it appropriately.
How do we safeguard your information?
We have implemented technical and organisational measures processes to ensure your personal information is safeguarded and accessed by team members only on a need-to-know basis.
Your Rights over your Personal Information
You have a number of rights over your personal information which are set out below:
▪ Access personal information held about you in permanent form
▪ Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal information is processed on the basis of your consent
▪ Update and correct your personal information so that it is accurate
▪ Delete your personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above
▪ Restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, e.g. where you have contested the accuracy of your personal information, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy
▪ Data portability, which enables the transfer of data sets between organisations
▪ Be free from profiling and automated decision making, meaning you shall not be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing that significantly affect you
▪ File a complaint with us and/or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find out more information about your rights by visiting the ICO website here: https://ico.org.uk/
Objecting to the process of personal data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing). Once you have informed us of this request, we shall no longer process your personal data unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
You may exercise this right in the same manner as for your other rights indicated above.
Retention of personal data
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary and we will hold it only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
How can you use your rights?
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting the St. Modwen Group DPO – see details below:
St. Modwen Group Data Protection Officer
17 High Street
We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact the St. Modwen Group DPO by post or email at the details specified above.